Broke-down bus in a ghost village

Sibu Travel Blog

We departed an overnight coach from Kuching to Sibu at 10pm. After an hour the bus broke-down in the middle of nowhere. What I can assume to be a ghostly village! Because of money conscious I choose the RM5 cheaper fare than the other new modern bus suggested by the taxi driver (he was getting his commission if we had chosen it). There you go, the bus that we boarded broke down not even half way journey LOL. I felt sorry that my chosen bus made my other 2 buddies stranded for nearly 2 hours.

It was a quite road and the bus driver pulled the bus by the roadside and tried to fix the engine.The only vivid image that I could remember was wooden house couple meters away. One by one passengers got off the bus getting fresh air (smoking). The dark and silent night broke by an eerie sound of barking dogs.

Shit what is this place?

I realized that the closest town is called Lubok Antu or Ghost Brook !. No luck in fixing it, the only option available was returning back to Kuching city. So the bus made a U-TURN on a 2 ways road single carriageway. I was expecting that we wold be delayed for 4 hours but the bus stopped somewhere in between at the workshop, fixed it and 2 hours later we continued our way to Sibu.
photo by: alexchan