Artful & creative & full of tourist

Ubud Travel Blog

Bare-chested Bali women.
Said goodbye to OmbakBagus homestay Canggu, by taxi I headed to Ubud. Got a recommendation from traveler I met in Bandung, I settled in Swarsena Bungalow located off Jln Raya Ubud(Ubud main street) . A typical Balinese accommodation for the right price, 80000Rp it is by far the most value for money throughout my entire backpacking weeks in Java to Bali. A simple clean room with private verandah and a little courtyard, almost everyone can find good place at any price range.

Ubud is the real deal to most. It is an artful, creative and serene place. But after 2 days I felt bored with the galleries, cafes, streets of shops and the tourist’s face on the streets. And making it less admirable the rain and mist were pouring all day. This town is just marketed for foreign tourist for an artful Balinese product and rich culture. I missed my eventful weeks in Java, from Jakarta to Malang, I’ve seen many new things. I like places that I don’t feel the urge to do thing by looking at the brochure, manufactured stuff or suggested by guide book. That’s not original in my opinion. Java has countless stuff on the street that I experienced the real local lives.

www.travbuddy.com/aminyunus