another boat- a new island

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

To get to Koh Phi Phi we had to catch an early morning mini bus and then a boat out there. We had been out all night and got very little sleep so once we got to the boat we bought some changs and kept the party going. We ended up sitting on the boat in the port for about an hour before the boat was filled to capacity. That's something I'm used to now in Thailand, knowing that your not going anywhere till your filled up. Anyway the boat eventually got going and the Changs kept flowing. We met a mother and daughter on the boat and talked with them for the duration of the ride. The mother seemed pretty wild and the daughter didn't seem to happy about her momma. We called the mom Wildcat after meeting them.
So they were entertaining and made the boat ride a bit more interesting.

When we arrived to the island it was a chaotic scene getting everybodies luggage off the boat and to the right person. I just sat up on the top deck and watched for our bags and let everybody else mess with the crowd- I spotted our bags and swooped them up and we were off to find accommodations. We didn't do too much research so we just walked towards the town center- we knew what we wanted to spend so when we found a good looking place we made the move. The Ban Thai Guest house was the place to be and had an awesome lady running the place- Ms Lee. After we checked in and talked to Ms Lee for a bit we walked to the beach for some Changs and sun.

First impression of Koh Phi Phi was this place was tight. No cars or traffic, just Thais riding bikes everywhere making beeping noises with their mouths instead of using horns. The nightlife had a lot going on for being such a small island. I especially got a kick out of the bar that would give you a free bucket of booze if you got in the muay thai ring, I didn't do it but watching people get beat up was good fun. After we had drank way too much and been awake for too long we ran into the Wildcat and her daughter at one of the many tattoo parlors, we told them to get a bunch, they told us about this when we ran into them the next day (we didn't remember seeing them).
Koh Phi Phi Hostels review
Great Place
The Ban Thai Guesthouse was a fun place to be at while in Koh Phi Phi. The boss of the place is Ms Lee and she is a cool lady. The rooms are pretty ba… read entire review