EuropeItalyRome

Hanging loose in Roma

Rome Travel Blog

After a week in Rome my days usually went like this; wake up between 7:30-9:30am to get free breakfast and watch about a half hour of Italian morning news,  go back to room to watch BBC news, take the 98 bus or H bus to the center of town and wander about for hours, walk back to the hotel, sit in the patio area and take the sun, eat some pizza from down the street, and end the day watching some football drinking a beer with Giuseppe the night front desk guy ( we were not his biggest fans ). The pizza was always good and after a couple of days we started eating at the sandwich place across the street- they had some huge sandwiches for only 2.80 Euros. The gelatarias that are all over town are always busy and the Italians love ice cream, I tried and it was really good, so I understand. The weather in Rome was great as well with constant sun but all the people that live there were still bundled up in warm clothes like it was going to snow. We also rode the bus the entire time and never once paid- at first we asked the driver but then noticed no one else was paying. I guess they buy cards and use these, but we never had any problems and it saved us some money.

no longer weird beard