A false start to paradise

Colva Travel Blog

We leave Badami early in the morning and head towards Goa, the famous exotic and touristic beach province from India. Luckily Rens is feeling better, we are both looking forward to some comfort and relaxing.

Most of our day is spend on the bus, we finally arrive in Colva at the end of the afternoon. Ajit drops us off at our hotel, and while we check in we all fantasize out loud about a dip in a pool to wash away the heat and dust. When we arrive in our room, we find a quarter that resembles a jail cell. There’s a tiny window two meters high in the wall, there’s hardly any furniture, the bathroom is extremely basic and there’s actually a padlock to close the door of our room.

When we take a look outside we see a tiny, uninviting and not too clean pool without any sun beds. We instantly decide to look for another hotel. We go to our tour leader Digna and explain to her that we had expected a bit more comfort and atmosphere in an exotic paradise than a jail cell. She luckily understands and is fine with it as long as we give her a call when we find a place we like.

I start flipping through my guidebook and am immediately attracted by the description of Longuinhos Beach Resort. We give them a call to check if they have rooms available and a short taxi ride later we’re at the reception of Longuinhos. The first room we get has a defective air conditioning, but the second room is quite pleasant. It may not be extremely clean, it may not be up to European standards, but it’s India and we are quite happy with our decision to change hotels.

Helpman says:
Liselore.....I feel sorry to know about bad experience, but let me tell you,Goa has very beautifull Beach houses too, wjich are at a cheaper rates than Hotel & gives pleasure of as if staying at Home atmosphere. I own one such apartment & who so ever has stayed in my apartment has appriciated the availability and unfortunately you missed it as it lies just opposite the road you stayed at Louginoes Beach Resort. Anyways I hope you will change your mind set N have a better experience if you get in touch some other time whenever you feel to stay in Goa - India.
Posted on: Dec 08, 2010
Colva Hotels & Accommodations review
Fits the profile of a Goa Hotel
As I mentioned before, we travelled through southern India in a tour group, which means we didn’t pick the hotels we stayed in. All of them were fin… read entire review
photo by: royalrider