Sunny Croatia

Zagreb Travel Blog

I won't write too much here as it's late and I'm already monopolizing the internet (free! in the hostel!) but we didn't do that much anyway.  We got into Zagreb around 2 and got lost trying to find the hostel.  We're stuck in some residential neighborhood in a country we just arrived in and Ev is stressing majorly.  And what happens?  But Croatian men come up to us and offer English...without us even needing to ask, of course!  And when we get lost again, another guy WALKS US RIGHT TO THE HOSTEL and proceeds to SPEAK IN CROATIAN AND BE OUR TRANSLATOR!  I can't believe how friendly everyone is.  And the same thing happened all day. Oddly, the waiters seemed like the rudest (but, really, only in comparison) but our waitress at the bar we went to (after getting Type O Negative tickets!  Woot!) bought Ev and I both drinks because we came from Canada to see the band.  How cool is that?!  It's not even our birthdays!  We got drinks for being Canadian!  Woot!

But walking around is very confusing, even for Ev's (seemingly) perfect sense of direction.  We invested in a Zagreb card that gives us free transportation on the metro as well as discounts in the city.  Good investment.  We didn't see much though, just walked around and got lost.  Tomorrow we'll put the discount card to good use.  I don't know if we'll get to upload pics here, but hopefully somewhere in Croatia.  It's a bummer, but that's what we have to do, I guess.  I'll try to update later.  :)
photo by: EmEm