Ready for Lift-off

Chengdu Travel Blog

Today is my last day in Chengdu, and my yesterday's horoscope (which I always receive the current day) told me that I had a balanced universe. All tis week, I've received strong kinetic energy flowing through my aura and tis been fantastic!

Although my living arrangements for Dalian had changed - again - I taken the news with humor. The Director had informed that my FEMALE flatmate is unable to come to China, and the South African gent's flat is too far from school. He suggested a 23yo American male as a roommate, and I said no, I'm not being someone's mother. I inquired another male more my age (in States I had my share of "neurotic" women roommates - if interested, email me and I'll tell you) .

Director suggested 41yo American TX male... sigh, in truth, not interested of anyone from Texas (yet another story for another time), but oh, well, what can anyone do? I told him no problem. HOWEVER, he must be tidy and have no problem doing his share of housework (meaning mostly the bathroom)... reason because last male roommate I shared flat... he left hair shavings in sink and never rinsed... Simply gross! Too much info - so to speak - but I'm not becoming the housekeeper, maid nor cook... being a woman. Director said, "Fair enough."

My focus is that I'm going to Dalian and I'm ready to start learning about the school as much as ready to teach my assigned students. Life is too short to worry about the small stuff but do have to set with realistic ground rules.

photo by: spocklogic