Dublin Zoo

Dublin Travel Blog

I stayed in Dublin with Jill on Saturday night as we arrived back very late from Girona, and on the Sunday we decided to head to Dublin Zoo in Phoenix Park! It was a great day, and if you're in Dublin it's worth taking a trip out to the zoo!

After the zoo we sat down in the blazing sunshine in Phoenix Park before heading down to Dun Laoghaire to the beach. After managing an impossible three point turn once we figured out parking would be tough, we eventually parked between Monkstown and Blackrock and walked to Dun Laoghaire (took about 40 minutes I think). We then had dinner in a nice pub (Gastro Pub I think it was called) before walking back. We watched a couple of episodes of Lost before it was time for me to head back to Cork!

The trip home started badly as my radio decided to pack in! I hate driving without my radio! Luckily about an hour in I decided to fiddle with some settings and got it working again! The trip took me 2 hours 40 minutes which was good, and luckily I didn't run into any speed traps along the way! :)

All in all, the day at the zoo and the walk to Dun Laoghaire was a nice end to a great week! I'm sad to be going back to the monotony of everyday life, but what can one do but look forward to the next trip away!
joelennon says:
Yearly membership is 95 euro which isn't bad if you'd go there a lot. Also gets you free admission to Fota in Cork, and several zoos in the UK!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2007