feel the pain, go to al ain

Al Ain Travel Blog

I decided to head down to al ain after getting sick of looking at over maked up eastern eruopean tourists filling up the street of dubai (just kidding).  Just wanted to get out of town and see a part of the country that was neither desert nor whatever you would like to call dubai and abu dhabi.  THis is actually a seperate trip to the emmirates from my previous one, and  I was just in town for a week this time (rather than 6 months, arrrrgfhhhhh!!!!!)

The drive to al ain was nice and quick.  The one thing of note is that there was lots and lots and lots of road construction, is this indiana or the uae?  It took me around an hour to get from dubai to al ain, along the way is a camal market which was letting out fo rthe day when I arrived, but I did see lots of people trying to load their new camal onto their trucks!

Al ain is a very arabian city, unlike most of the larger cities in the UAE.

First the roads are illogical, about a million round abouts, and signs that take you around circles.  The other thing is that if your not careful you'll end up in a line leading into oman!  ANd its not like I haven't accidently ended up in Oman before (see trip to hatta).

SO what does al ain have?  First thing is that its a freakin' oasis, you'll see little walled areas full of palm trees and irragation lines.  YOu can enter these and hang out.

Theres also lots and lots of fortifications, pretty cool if you ask me.

Finally this place has a totally different vibe than dubai and abu shabi which is good sometimes!  Overall i enjoyed my trip to al ain, and if you have a day to kill its a good place to spend it.  And here are some photos:

nice tower
nice tower
these knives are part of the al ai…
these knives are part of the al a…
oasis
another fortress
wall of an oasis
wall of an oasis
Al Ain Sights & Attractions review
ever have the urge to drive up a huge rock?
Jebel Hafeet is one of the highest points in the UAE and I visited it on a recent trip to al ain. First thing about it is that it is a huuuuu… read entire review
Al Ain Sights & Attractions review
lots of creatures in the desert
The al Ain wildlife part is an interesting place in that its a bit off the beaten path for the UAE. I never intended to go to this place, but stumble… read entire review
Al Ain