waiting in the etithad lounge

Chicago Travel Blog

Yea so I am finally off to abu freakin dhabi.  I've had a crazy do to say the least.  First thing is that I was supposed to leave for Abu Dhabi at 3 pm on Luthansa airlines via frankfurt.  So my flight from frankfurt to abu dhabi has been cancelled via a pilots strike on luthansa!  The intial plan by Luthansa was to have me stay in frankfurt until tuesday and then fly out.  Of course I would love to party with the beautiful travelbuddies of frankfurt, see some sites ect.  However my customer would be ticked off, and I would be no fun becase I am eager to head to unknown lands!  Luckily through some sort of wicked twist I was able to get a "pearl" class ticket on Ethihad airlines, yea we're talking direct flight to Abu Dhabi, 15 hours on a plane, and in some mysterious class called "pearl class", which is like business class with a cool name.  First class is diamond (baby!), and coral is the hard crustacion that is coach.  Yea yea yea, so I got to do my first my dick move of the year, which is when i got to the etithad checkin line.  There was a huge line and only one person working.  Instead I got to go on the red carpet, dictch everyone in line, and head off to the etithad lounge.  Review coming of this lounge, its pretty good, pretty workers, tastey drinks, shitty food, one TV (yea for olympics!).

So now lets talk about Abu Dhabi, before the oil revolution of the 90's I new of Abu Dhabi, and that is because of the cartoon called "garfield" about an obese midwestern cat.  the car would always ship off its annoying cousin to Abu Dhabi (cuter cousin), and whoever would think I am now heading their, here is the song, enjoy!

Abu Dhabi, it’s far away
Abu Dhabi, that’s where you’ll stay
Abu Dhabi, the place to be
For any kitten who’s annoying me, yeah!
Abu Dhabi, it’s off the track
Abu Dhabi, now don’t come back
Abu Dhabi, it’s quite a thrill
For any kitten who can make me ill!
Now some take a train, and some take a plane
But I am sending you
Not on a boat, or even by goat
But in a box marked “Postage Due”
Abu Dhabi, you’re what they lack
Abu Dhabi, now you’re all packed
Abu Dhabi, a far commute
For any kitten who is too darn cute!

osgoodst says:
thanks for your comments everyone. And yes, when my boss brought me into his office and asked if I wanted to do a job in abu dhabi, I did say to myself "hey isn't that the place garfield mails that kitten off too".
Posted on: Apr 28, 2010
DCBackpacker says:
Haha...a guy in my dorm freshman year at Wisconsin was from Abu Dhabi...when he told me that, the first words out of my mouth were, "That place exists? I thought it was just where Garfield shipped Nermil off to all the time!"

Nice job!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2010
yadilitta says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2010