Artist's Palette, Champange Pool, and Bubbling Mud

Rotorua Travel Blog

Artist's Palette
We left the hotel around 9.20 A.M. for the Lady Knox Geyser that erupts daily at 10.15 A.M. It’s located at Wai-O-Tapu, 20 minutes drive from Rotorua.

It is recommended that the tourists should go to buy the tickets before 9.45 A.M as there’s a long queue.

There was quite crowded around that time we went (February), the seats were full. Before the Geyser would erupted there’s a staff from Wai-O-Tapua telling us about the legend of the geyser.

At 10.15 A.M. the geyser started to erupted, that was very impressive. The highest point of eruption is 20 metres. The duration is about 20 minutes.

Next we headed to the “thermal area” where colourful pools were situated. While we were entering the area, I asked my husband to stop as I thought my baby poo-poo. We went to the toilet and found that there’s nothing in the nappy. The smell was actually ‘sulphur smell’ from the geothermal area!

We stopped at the colourful pool also known as “Artist Palatte. Then we crossed the Silica Terrace, a long bridge before turned right to the “Champange Pool. I took a long time before I could get some photos as there’s smoke coming up all the time. The steam from this pool didn’t cause any harm but I could feel my skin was getting softer like I had some spa treatment.

Before we left Wai-O-Tapu, we drove to another attraction called “Bubbling Mud Pool” where boiling mud kept exploding as if it was dancing.

We left Rotorua and reached Auckland 3 hours later...

Sulphur on the tree