New York City

New York Travel Blog

New York is considered one of the best places to spend new years eve and naturally it had always been a dream of mine to see in the new year in Times Square.  However, my wonderfull boses at work decided they could not possible cope without me on the 31st, resulting in me having to fly out a day late.  Anybody comtemplating travelling on new years day, my advice is don`t.  Everybody I encountered on my journey from Leicester to New York was in a bad mood.  The coach driver taking me to Heathrow, the staff at the airport, everybody.  They all seemed to be thinking the same thing.  "If it was not for people like me insisting on travelling new years day, they would not have to work and could have been out partying the previous night with the rest of us!"

I arrived at JFK around 6pm andgot my first taste of its magic.  I was running late and so opted for a cab ride to my hostel and was so glad i did.  The journey across Manhatten Bridge gave me the first looks at its iconic skyline all lit up.  I had seen it in countless films and now it was right in front of me.  The Empire State building being particularily impressive.

After meeting up with some friends at the hostel, we all headed out to sample the manhatten nightlife.

New York