The sun (always) shined on us

Belek Travel Blog

Gunda and me (and the construction site - lol)
11/24/2007

After a sleepless night we decided to talk to the travel agent about changing the room. Due to the contruction works next to us day and night it was impossible to sleep. At that occasion we wanted to book a guided trip to Antalya. Unfortunately the hotel is located 3 or more km from downtown Belek where all the dolmus (minibusses) to the other cities and town start. And taxis were expensive.

Well, but first of all we wanted to have breakfast. After a shower we headed from our bungalow to one of the main buildings where the restaurants were located. Arriving there I saw HIM :D What a cute guy I thought ;) Of course he didn't recognized me. Anyway - lol.

After breakfast we still had some time to explore the hotel garden and the beach.
One of the bungalows
The meeting should be at 1 p. m. and we spent some time on the beach, walking around or just lay on the deck chairs, enjoying sun and wind.

Short before 1 p.m. we headed to the check-in where the meet-up should take place. We got some drinks and the travel agent told us a bit about Turkey and the trips we could book. I'm not fond of travelling in groups but this was the only possibility to book a visit in a turkish bath (Hamam). And I really wanted to do that. It's a must-do in Turkey and there's nothing better to relax from our busy daily routine. It was a combined tour to Antalya and a folklore event at night. Not what I really liked but due to the fact that we were trapped in the middle of nowhere the only possibility to go there.

Later we talked to the travel agent and he managed that we could change the rooms.
The hotel garden
Although we had to stay one night longer in our "old" one since the quiet rooms weren't available before sunday afternoon. Fine, another day hanging around the hotel and wasting our time ***grrr***

OK, what to do with half a wasted holiday? The sun was still out and we went to the beach again. There I saw HIM again. Even my friend Gunda recognized him this time. "Nice guy" she said and I told her that I've recognized him in the morning already.

At 4 p. m. it got dark and cool. A sauna would be nice. In the hotel description they mentioned a huge wellness area with an indoor pool, sauna and hamam. Some of you might ask now: why to book a trip to a hamam when you have some in the hotel? The answer is easy: A hamam in the hotel isn't authentic and not as nice as a public hamam is.
The hotel garden
Additional to that, it's overpriced.

We picked up our swim suits and towels and headed to the wellness area which was really a disappointment. The sauna was tiny and crowded :( there was no rest area and the indoor pool was smelling. It looked very nice with all the wooden tiles around the pool but although the hotel was only opened 6 month before the tiles were already rotten. And it smelled like moldiness. Within 5 minutes I got a headache and had to leave the pool. And we never came back the whole week.

Anyway, we were on holidays and we wanted fun. So we went back to our room, got all dolled up and went to the restaurant for dinner. There were 3 huge restaurants to sit around the huge buffet in the middle. It seemed every table was occupied but my friend spotted 2 places at a table in the corner.
The hotel garden
I agreed to sit there not knowing that she not only spotted 2 free seats, she spotted HIM. When I sat down and recognized who sat in front of me I kicked her at the knees!!!!!

We said "hello" and after a while we had a nice conversation going on. His name was Klaus and he's from Sandersdorf (500 km away from my hometown :() and he's single and travelling alone. My friend is a master of the conversation. Within a few minutes she knows everything about people's history up to the colour of their underpants - lol. BEWARE of her!!! Her daughter always says: My mom isn't nosey, she's just interested in people - lol.

At 9 p. m. we had to change locations since the restaurant closed. We went to the lobby bar for some drinks and more talking. It was time to say "night night" somewhen.

11/25/2007

Since I was a bit drunk the night before and very tired because of the lack of sleep I had a good sleep despite the noise around. Due to the smelling pool we had to chance plans. Usually we swim 30 - 45 minutes before breakfast but this time we made a walk on the beach instead. Breakfast was done fast and we returned to our room to pack our luggage to be ready when the hotel employee will come to move to the new room. He arrived in time and was very kind. He helped us to carry the heavy suitcases on the trolley and drove us across the huge hotel area. We were really pleased with our new room. Not only that it was quiet there, we had a nice view on the ocean, too :D This was perfect.

It was a nice but cool day. Actually too cold for swimming in the ocean but not too cold for a walk. The big plus at that hotel was the long beach. You could walk for hours there. I grabbed my camera to shoot some photos of the beach and the sunset  later.

By accident we met Klaus and we walked together. As you can imagine we also spent the evening together. Just to entertain the lonely guy :p

Gunda and me (and the construction…
Gunda and me (and the constructio…
my friend Gunda