Side Travel Blog

11/27/2007 Belek

Another day on the beach although the weather wasn't as great anymore as the days before. It got cooler but it was still good enough for long walks on the beach and relaxing with reading our books. At the afternoon Klaus joind us at a walk.

After refreshing ourselves we met up again for dinner :D As you can imagine he and I converged ;)

11/28/2007 Side

Since we talked to many people in the hotel we got the information that there's a shuttle bus once in the morning from the hotel to the Belek dolmus station. From there you can either go to Antalya, Manavgat or to Side. Since we wanted to see the ancient site of Side we decided to go there. The bus departed at 9 a. m. It was an early awakening again. Wow, holidays can be stressfull :p

Everything went well with the dolmus. After switching bus in Belek it took about 1 hour to arrive in Side. The driver told us that he'll drive back to Belek at 5 p. m. and that we have to be in time since it's the last bus back and a taxi would be expensive.

For some reason I love those ancient places. I don't have any idea about the history what took place there :o  For me, it's just amazing to stroll around and imagine what could have been there. My favourite place was the amphitheater. A lizard entertained us at the ruins. It was cool to watch it.

All in all it was a great sunny day.

Do you see the lizard?
Do you see the lizard?
What a funny guy, played hide and …
What a funny guy, played hide and…
photo by: aloneinthecrowd