Trying to remember the Alamo...

San Antonio Travel Blog

This was to be my first visit to San Antonio!! I had originally planned to stay the whole weekend and explore as much of the city as possible, but an unfortunate problem with finding a hotel room that accepted our corporate account and that had vacancy had occur. Apparently there was a popular rodeo in town that weekend.. oh well. I at least had half a day.. I had wanted to see the Alamo and explore a couple other museums in the city...

Instead I spent the time that I did have wandering the amazing San Antonio Museum of Art aka SAMA! I wrote an entire blog on the museum for my Art Blog and you can read it as well as view the 180 photos I took of the museum's collection at:

I may have gotten carried away with the picture taking, but trust me even after viewing my photos you can still visit the museum and see even more!!! It really is a stunning Museum to visit!!!

After my museum visit (I stayed until closing!) I took a short walk along the riverwalk.
River Taxi
I had noticed some large scale fish sculpture hanging beneath one of the overpasses and wanted to get a closer look! The riverwalk was beautiful. I only walked around the area near the museum so I don't know if this common through out the walk but there were pieces of art on displayed for the public's viewing pleasure! Under one overpass was a piece of Sound Art to enhance the cool river presence. Along the way to the large fish I noticed artful benches and decorative patterns in the walkway. The fish themselves were awesome! large, colorful and graceful art pieces suspended in the air. I loved them!! I want to see more of them through out the city!

Afterwards, because I couldn't find a hotel room, I drove the three hours back to Coleman, TX.
Along the way I was pulled over by the police for speeding an 83 in a 65 zone... YIKES!!! but I am a lucky lucky LUCKY girl and managed to drive away WITHOUT a ticket... How did I manage to pull this off??? I don't really know... All I did was smile as sweetly as I could and explain to the officer that I had no idea that I was speeding because I was singing "Baby Got Back" with the radio..... Either he was in a really good mood or I am just that awesome!!

:P:P