Avoca Travel Blog

Dad just informed me that he was at a little truck stop called "Wings" in Avoca, Iowa this morning when he saw a group of young "kids" hanging around his truck. I say "kids", but in reality they were just young adults in their early 20's, but to a 53 yr old grandfather they are just kids..

These "kids" as he called them were walking around inspecting all the nooks and crannies, pointing at details and being all jovial like.. Somewhat suspicious of their presence and behavior, he walked up and asked them why they were hanging around his truck. They told him that they recognized his truck from photos on an internet site that they came across!!!

I asked dad if he was sure that they saw his truck and not some other trailer that looked like it on the internet. He was positively sure. The "kids" recognized some specific details and markings of his truck and I guess some other details that most wouldn't know unless they read this blog! When he asked what site they saw the pictures from they couldn't tell him.. apparently they couldn't tell him where they came from, where they were or where they plan on going too either!! BUT they knew his truck and knew that it was his and not someone else! LOL dad described them as old dead heads from his youth!

Dad had a great time talking to them and took for them their pictures with his truck. I wish he took a few for me, would have loved to have posted them!

So Thank you everyone at Trav buddy for making dad's truck something memorable for a group of young adults that couldn't remember much of anything else!!!! If any of you should happen to see us during our travels feel free to come over and say HI! ;P

Love you guys!!!!!