Strolling through Denver

Denver Travel Blog

Today's plans were to:

1. Get that much needed  hair cut.

2. Find an indian restaurant to satisfy my samosa addiction!

Got the hair cut and it both looks and feel great! I now have some fun flirty bangs and the stylist didn't cut my hair to short! I have been growing my hair for 4 years and it is long enough so that I need to stand for part of the hair cut. I think the new cut actually makes me look closer to my real age so maybe no more carding at bars  ;P

and an Indian restaurant was found!! JOY!!!! I have been going through samosa withdraws for several weeks now!

While looking for the restaurant my father and I strolled down 16th street Mall in downtown Denver. Dad said the area had really expanded since we lived there 23 years ago.

Smoke from the boulder fire.
I have vague memories of Denver. I remember the "whistle building", I remember sitting in the car as my parents drove through the downtown, and I remember vaguely the record and book shops that my parents like to go into..  My memories of Denver are not as strong as Boulder.

What I like about Denver is the public art. The whole area between Denver and Boulder seem to embrace public art, but Denver being a more urban setting exhibited more community murals. I wish I got photos of them, but I did  take a few pictures of the many public pianos along the street open for public use. Its an interesting and unique idea..

We didn't do too much in the city. just walked around the streets a bit and then left to return to Fort Morgan to get ready for the drive to Texas tomorrow. Hopefully we will get the permits early in the morning..

As we were leaving Denver we noticed some smoke coming from the mountains. I thought it was just a normal cloud at first, but then you notice that it was materializing from a single point. It wasn't until we got to the hotel in Ft Morgan that we learned there was in fact a HUGE fire near the same trails that we were hiking yesterday afternoon. The smoke reached all the way to FT Morgan and went further. I know people were evacuated from the mountain and the fire fighters from all over the area are working on putting it out..  Hoping that everyone is okay over there.

16th street mall