Jason Webbly and the DRESDEN DOLLS!!!

New Orleans Travel Blog

Originally I bought two tickets to see the Dresden Dolls play in Atlanta, GA... but then out of nowhere a show in New Orleans was added to the Fall tour and the roomie and I decided that NOLA was the place to go instead of Atlanta.. Its closer and a heck of a lot cheaper travel wise...

There was NO WAY in hell that I was gonna miss this concert! I have missed so much over the past few years due to my job and I was more than determine to see Amanda Palmer live! I was even planning to fly into NOLA if I had to. Fortunately I didn't have to fly.. The cost of flying from Twin Falls to New Orleans was over $1000.00!!!  Yep, you read that right..

Instead I had plenty of time to drive from Idaho Falls through WY, CO, OK, TX and LA to make the concert.

Of course along the way I had to stop in Abilene, TX to have a falafel sandwich from Sabah's restaurant. Sabah is a cool guy and this time he brought me into the kitchen to make falafel for other customers. He even showed me his Kosher meat closet.. Apparently he thought, after all this time, that I was Jewish. I had to set him straight and we had a good laugh about it.. I have always thought I was Jewish in a past life, perhaps some essence of THAT past existence still lingers in this life cycle??? :) hehe

But back to the Concert!

It felt great to be home again and to see my roommate after so much time has passed! We packed a few outfits for the weekend and set off to NOLA!!

The concert was suppose to start at 9:30, but they had two opening acts before taking the stage around 1 am.

. One of the opening acts was Jason Webbly! I have seen videos of him playing but never had the opportunity to see him live. he usually, from what I understand, plays the college circuit. He was fun! I enjoyed his stage presence and creative energy.. He really knows how to make the accordion super sexy ;P

It was a bit irritating to wait so long for the Dresden Dolls to take the stage. It was the first show of there Fall tour, so perhaps there were some stuff that they still needed to work out.. Despite the long wait the show was amazing!! fantastic!!! Exciting!!!!! :)

I now have a huge crush on Amanda Palmer! If I was 14 I would probably shave my eyebrows off and draw neat little designs in their place to imitate Ms Palmer.. LOL good thing I am not 14 anymore :P:P

The show was at Tipitinas, a well loved music venue in New Orleans.

Amanda Palmer!!!!!! love her!
Loads of amazing musicians have played here over the years. it was cozy and fun! the people were great! so many came to the show all dressed up! One lady wore polka dots all over!! Her dress, hair, tights, shoes and skin were decked out in black and white polka dots!

at one point Charity and I found a photo booth to entertain us while we waited for the show to begin! haha half the pictures show us trying to figure out when the pictures are taken!

There was also a cool face painter who spent the evening painting peoples faces for tips.. Amanda gave her free tickets to the show if she come to paint people at the show!

and of course the night would not have been complete without a drunken dwarf on platforms petting my hair! hahaha he liked the color of it :)

Amanda Palmer!!!!!! love her!
the roomie with a painted face!
the roomie with a painted face!
Amanda Palmer!