House 1!

Gurley Travel Blog

Leaving Wyoming and heading back to Iowa for another tower! while en route to Wyoming a few days earlier I had spotted a couple of houses north of Sidney, Nebraska that I wanted to check out!

soooooo glad that I did!!

This first house was just outside the small town of Gurley. It was a small 2 story farm house surrounded by a fence of evergreens and lacking both windows and doors. Extremely easy to get inside and to walk around. Inside I found a few rotting chairs, which are one of my favorite images to photograph, and plenty of colorful rooms! I even managed to walk completely upstairs to the second level.. Normally i never go upstair since I do not trust the condition of the floor, but after my trips to Skillman I think I may have become a bit more brave in my adventure! :P:P

I didn't find anything too interesting upstairs. the rooms were empty, a few holes in the wall, some birds reacting to my presence by taking flight and many more birds in the attic creating a loud din with their movement..

The house must have been lovely and comfortable at one time.. there were some other buildings outside, but nothing interesting inside them. what was interesting was the shell of a rotting car. I don't know enough about cars to tell you what model it was or year... besides it being old.

I did wish that I still had the wide angle lens that I rented for Skillman! :( it would have made some of the shots stronger. I've been whining about this all week!!!

Well off to House 2!! :P