Happy Thanksgiving in the Big Easy!

New Orleans Travel Blog

My roommate, Charity, was unable to return home for the holiday and I wasn't gonna drive two days to NJ to watch others eat Turkey and sausage stuffing...

So off to New Orleans we go!! :)

Hotel rates were cheap because of the holiday and the French Quarter was hardly crowded! It was like we had he place to ourselves! Dressed up and ready to play, we started out night off at one of our favorite bars, The Boondock saints, on St Petersburg with shots of Jameson and some good laughs with a few local patrons..

We were pretty giddy before we set off from the hotel and promised to join a group of holiday dressed people in their parade.. but the joys inside the Boondock Saints distracted us and when we realized that they were going we paid our tab and tried to chase after them only to NOT know if they went right or left on Bourbon...  We even asked a couple of guys which direction the parade went and their response: "What Parade??"....

Seriously how does one miss a HUGE group of Pilgrims, turkeys and Indian stereotypes parade by with loud instruments??

Since we lost the parade we decided to venture down to Razzoos on Bourbon. It wasn't very crowded but the place hopping! Live cover band, lots of dancing and silly boys..

We spent a few hours here, in fact we were the very last people out. :) got some good pics of us having fun, but I am pretty sure this was the last place I saw my little camera.. Haven't seen it since. :(

We ended the night back at the Boondock Saints hanging with some Irish cops and drunk txting some friends...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!