The Epiphany!

Russell Springs Travel Blog

I had the afternoon off and I found myself in Oakley, Kansas once again...  The last time I was there, and taking some interesting photos of abandoned houses, I had noticed an interesting pioneer museum in Russell Springs, KS.  With some free time and plenty of curiosity I ventured the 20 something miles West toward Russell Springs..

Somewhere along Hwy 25 I reached an amazing epiphany!! Everything was an otherworldly normal when all of the sudden I am engulfed with this sensation and feel myself bursting at the seams with enlightenment...

This Epiphany was/is that I suddenly realized just how very Happy I am!

I stopped Simone and pulled her off as far to the side of the as I can! There isn't any shoulder to park on, but the road is desolate and I know deep in my soul that I need too document this moment.

. I jumped out of Simone with my camera and record the exact location where I realized the extent of my personal happiness... Its a flat and empty landscape but its my spot!

A few years ago I could not honestly make such a statement. But since removing myself from all the elements that made that particular era so unhappy for me, I have been able to find more and more joy each day..

And on this particular day I fully realize that I am at my happiest that I have ever been! Its a grand feeling that leaves me aware of my own personal success!

After a few moments I return to Simone and continue on toward Russell Springs to visit the museum that turned out to be closed!!!! What The Heck?!  I checked the hours and I was there at the right time... hmmm next time :)

Cow Chip Capitol!! hahaha thats so…
Cow Chip Capitol!! hahaha thats s…
Russell Springs