Corner of 280th St and Zesty Rd

Page City Travel Blog

The strange T

While I was waiting at the Church in Monument, Crystal told me that there were more abandoned houses down the road and further up by Russel Springs.  :)

The first house I came by was small, very close to the main highway and covered with those lovely Trumpet floral vines.  I was fascinated with a t shaped metal object.. Perhaps it was an old street or house light??

I didn't find the next house until an hour later when I was returning from my decay scouting of Russel Springs. More on that in a future blog entry. ;P

On my way back I decided to take one of the many dirt roads. Eventually I came to the corner of 280th street and Zesty Rd. From the corner I saw ahead of me a house existing in a cornfield!

I'm gonna have to return for more photos.

House #1
I managed to take a few from the dirt road and from inside the rows of tall corn stalks. There was a thick weeded vegetation surrounding the house inside the cornfield. In the winter I can get a clearer and fuller image AND get inside with more ease! From the looks of it, its not in great shape at all. most likely will not be able to explore the second level.

Still the images were pretty decent! :P

Further down the road and I end up at the corner of the first house :P

Update:

I figured out that the first house may have also been a gas station way back in the day. At another town I noticed several similar T shaped metal objects by the truck diesel pumps.. It would make sense with the truck traffic on the highway..

Cornfield house