Church and Gas

Coleman Travel Blog

I found what looks like an abandoned gas or rest station with an inconspicuous empty church behind it..

First I explored the gas station. Outside was filled with crazy hopping grasshoppers! One even managed to jump inside my blouse! Outside was a bunch of juvenile graffiti and some debris. Inside was a lot of debris and some couches. Obviously a place for the kids to come and chill in the middle of nowhere.. I found the colors and textures to be interesting, but the wind blowing agains the few loose metal sheets on the roof were not helping my still shaken nerves from the Scary house a few miles back....  shiver...

The pics of the church didn't come out too well.. The sun was setting and casting an awkward light inside the main room. Inside it looked like the place was just closed for the week, waiting for sunday to roll around and people to return. The rotting floor boards and a gaping hole near the broken door was the only real detail that suggested that no one will be returning to pray next Sunday.. It was very still, but not creepy like some of the other places.. Just quiet in a pensive manner.

Attached to the church was another small building. I am guessing a living space for the minister? but it could have had another purpose, a social center of sorts.. hard to tell.. More wasps blocking my path.

Add this to the list of "to return too"  :P