Baby Raccoons and Ted

Newton Travel Blog

Ted and the babies!
Back in Iowa for another tower base... been here for a couple of days and haven't done much except write blogs and work on photos.. very exciting, but needs to be done at some point! ;P

I did have some fun in the form of some frisky little raccoons!

A man from OH named Ted and his family rolled up to the hotel in a pick up truck and trailer. Ted gets out and starts walking around the grassy area with three tiny raccoons! I can't resist so I run to get my camera and walk right up to him. He was super friendly and those little babies were even friendlier! Crawling all over him like he was momma and within a few moments they were crawling all over me!

Ted tells me that they are about 2 months old and the were given to him by a friend who had to catch them after their mother was killed by an automobile. This isn't the first time Ted has taken in baby raccoons or other young wildlife critters. he knows a lot about the little guys and gives me details of what he feeds them and the natural eating habits they would have in the wild.. These little guys in particular love Cinnamon Life cereal and fried eggs.. Not exactly what I had expected to be their diet, I was thinking along the lines of cat food or veggies..

I really enjoyed playing with them and talking with Ted. I was surprise to how much like cats they were. Purring, climbing up the legs and chasing my keys across the grass. They are very sweet and playful little critters..
she got my keys!