Universal Studios

Orlando Travel Blog

Fear Factor show finale

We arrived at Universal Studios around nine and saw Shrek 4-D first; the preshow with the pigs, Pinocchio, and the gingerbread man was cute.  We followed up with Terminator 2 3-D.  I liked how they combined live actors with the film.  ET was next with a really cool waiting area of an outdoor scene.  ET's home world was...unique.  We headed over to Back to the Future, an up-close simulator ride through three times.  We then shot at aliens on Men In Black (my score: a paltry 9000).  We got out just in time to see the Fear Factor show.  The stunts were neat but the side challenge involving curdled milk grossed me out.  We beat the crowd over to Jaws where my sister and I decided our tour guide was jazzed on something and the shark was not impressive at all.  After a sandwhich lunch we rode Earthquake which I really enjoyed.  We saw a second show, Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue.  We then rode Revenge of the Mummy two times in a row.  The short-term locker rentals for the bigger thrill rides were a great idea, no worries about losing my mini-backpack on a sharp turn.  Twister was short but had some awesome special effects.

Dinner was near our hotel at a TGIFriday's (advantage: did not need to cross International Drive again!).  We had the Cinnabon Cheesecake for dessert.

The Mummy stiltwalker