A 'Wicked' good day

Sydney Travel Blog

It may appear that I only spent one day in Auckland, but that's not true.  I actually spent the better part of 3 days there, but it's certainly true that I did not spend nearly enough time in New Zealand as I'd have liked.  But, when you're limited to 2 weeks of travel at a time there's little else that you can do.  I certainly enjoyed Auckland and do wish I could see more of the country.  I'll have to keep that in mind for future travels and maybe devote an entire week or two just to New Zealand. I spent my morning and early afternoon wandering around Auckland.  It really struck me as a nice city.  Not too big, not too small, good restaurants, and plenty to do.  But, I had planned most of my 2 weeks for Australia.  10 total nights split between Sydney and Melbourne, and tonight would be night #1 in Sydney.  It would temporarily be a brief stay in Sydney as I was set to depart for Melbourne the following day.  Sydney was the airport I ended up flying into and out of from home, and I wanted to experience what Melbourne and Sydney were like on a weekend as well as a weekday.  I got to Sydney in the late afternoon and checked into my hostel, where I'd spend virtually no time.  I immediately left the hostel to have some dinner prior to heading to the theater to see Wicked. I had always thought of Wicked as the chick-flick of broadway shows. But I found myself surprisingly enjoying it. Very creative presentation and fantastically intelligent writing.
photo by: Sunflower300