A TravBuddy Meetup

Sydney Travel Blog

Saturday the 20th of February was one of the few days I had actually planned out what I was going to do. I had tickets to see a show about Johnny Cash over at the Sydney Opera House in the afternoon and then a TravBuddy meetup in Kings Cross for dinner and drinks in the evening. But, I was having such a great time at my hostel in Bondi Beach that I blew off the Johnny Cash show just to sit on the beach with a few of my new friends for a few more hours. No regrets about that, either. I wish I were still on the beach right now.

In the evening I met up with about a dozen fellow TravBuddies for a meetup and had a great time. Sadly, the restaurant was excessively loud and conversation was hard to come by with anyone not seated right next to you. It was still an enjoyable time. We then left after a few hours to go to a bar nearby, but we lost a few people on our way in, no doubt caused by the ridiculous cover charge. After a little while in the bar my throat started to hurt from having to yell in order to communicate both at the restaurant and the bar, so I decided to depart the fine company and head back to the hostel. I'd be catching the shuttle to the airport in the morning. My Australian adventure was coming to a close, and it was breaking my heart.
Sydney