From Singapore to Kuala Lumpur & Night Shopping

Singapore Travel Blog

It was a warm Tuesday morning as I look at watch while I am still at work. The watch showed 7am. Just 1 more hour before I'll go off duty. And at 12pm, it'll be my vacation to my neighbouring country, Malaysia. I was working night shift and right now, I'm so sleepy but enthusiastic about my trip with 2 of my friends, Din & Zan. At about 8.30am, I rushed home to get some of my bags ready for the 4 days 3 nights trip to Kuala Lumpur. At about 10.30am, I took a cab & surprisingly, it took almost 30mins. So, I had to book for a cab & pick Zan up & then, Din at their blocks which is a 15mins drive from my place. We headed to Golden Mile whereby our travel coach awaits us. I haven't eaten any breakfast unlike my 2 friends so I rushed to the nearby 7-11 store to get some bread & milk. And trust me, I was so dead sleepy. But we still managed to reach Golden Mile on time.
The travel coach we took was a single deck one, costing S$40 for a round trip. It's very cheap as all 3 of us are on a tight budget. So, in the bus, all of us rested & by the time we reached Kuala Lumpur, it was about almost 7pm. The coach dropped us at a bus stop opposite Berjaya Times Square & then, we headed to find nearby hotels for cheap ones. Usually, I'd book for a hotel stay via the Internet but this time, I just couldn't be bothered. Lol. So we went to a hotel called Alpha Genesis and some few unknown ones nearby but the price was just quite steep for budget travellers like us. So, we decided to go to Corona Inn Hotel which was also nearby. Corona Inn Hotel, located at Jalan Tongshin, is a 3 star hotel and the price is very affordable. That's the good thing and yes, they also include breakfast. 3 nights stay at the hotel, costing 140 Ringgit Malaysia is very cheap.
After booking-in, we placed out bags in the room and our room has 2 beds. For the 3rd one, we requested for an extra bed and funny though, the bed was a "foldable" bed. But Din didn't mind much I guess. After prayers (we're Muslims), we headed off for Dinner nearby along Jalan Bukit Bintang, a famous tourist street attraction, buzzing with food shops, cheap hotels and even if you want "Amoy" (prostitutes), there are "touters" who'd offer you if you want such service. But we trios weren't keen on that. Just hungry.
We had dinner at a nearby food shop before heading to Petaling Street. Petaling Street is a famous cheap place for knock-off items like branded watches, handbags, shoes etc. I didn't get anything there as I felt, there's nothing of interest. Shortly after, I decided to head back to the hotel whereas Din & Zan planned to watch movie. I was just too tired afterall & rest when I was back in the Hotel. Tomorrow I can't wait to go to Sunway Lagoon and it's a whole day affair!
flealancer says:
Haha.. ;)
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011
syakirah says:
oh my.. you're really not a school kid. No offence! :)
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011