Rain and snow! oOooOOh NooOooO!

Death Valley Travel Blog

klumpel driving my truck
Today was going to be a long day.. i think we left the house around 8 or 9 after buying some food and drinks for our trip to death valley... i initially drove up to pahrump but i knew that grzechu really wanted to drive my truck.. he kept looking at me while i was driving and i knew he just wanted to drive. hahah so i asked him if he did.. and so i let him drive.. now i dont let just anyone drive my truck.. beside from my family which i only let drive if im not in town (and not even then).. but i let klumpel drive because i trust him. we have travelled together for so long and to so many places that i have grown to trust grzechu with my life and im sure that situation has come up on several of our travels. hahah  so i let him drive and i felt safe with him driving so i let him drive the whole time.
. and he seemed like he was having fun.. the weather was a bit rainy.. and cloudy.. we were supposed to head to the ghost town first but we passed it... so instead we went to the park center then badwater.. then golden mountains.. it was raining the whole time so we really couldnt hike that much.. we went to the sand dunes aswell..  on our way back we encountered some snow in the hills.. the truck which is horrible in snow started to skid along the rode and i was freaking out.. we were barely going above 10mph.. we need to put more weight on the bed to get more traction.. so we picked up rocks covered with snow and threw em in the bed. and started driving again.. soon there was a trail of cars following us who were having the same difficulites..  but we finally saw the rhyolite ghost town after we passed the white shit..  on our way back.. i fell asleep.. klumpel drove back to vegas.. almost ran over another car! luckily i woke up just in time and said watch out!.. hahah no worries.. but it was a fun day.
RJ82 says: