Time To Depart

Glasgow Travel Blog

Leaving From Glasgow

I first went to Belfast 25 years ago, and have been back a good few times and seen bits and pieces. More recently I needed to spend time there due to work, but had never really done the whole tourist thing, despite enjoying the place. Decided now would be a good time to take the kids as well, as history moves on, hopefully, then the troubles will become a thing of the past, and I wanted them to see it as it is now.

Probably the first time I have taken both the kids together away for any length of time, and had to make sure they were organised before we left. I'm much more used to going solo ;), but they had a mid termm holiday and it was to good a chance to pass up.

Got a lift over to the airport, where for once it was a decent flight time, not an early red eye, and the plane was due to depart at 13-35, but with everyone on board the took off early.

Arrived In Belfast,and I still get to carry the bag :D
It is a REALLY short flight, and by the time the seat belt sign went off my daughter barely had time to unravel the headphones on her iPod when the captain announced it was 10 minutes to landing and put the seat belt sign back on.

Arrived into George Best Belfast City Airport, before 2pm almost 20 minutes ahead of schedule. There is a bus, service 600, to the city centre, but since it was Sunday they only run every 40 minutes ( 20 minute service during the week, and anyway with a £2 single fare ( £3 return) a taxi into town isn't outrageous as it is very close. Cost just under £10 for the taxi from here to Jury's Inn just off Donegal Square

Leaving From Glasgow
Arrived In Belfast,and I still get…
Arrived In Belfast,and I still ge…
photo by: terminalfunk