Sunday Funday at #PBRSTL

Saint Louis Travel Blog

My sister bailed on me this year, so I had to go to the PBR by myself.  No big deal.  I was at the ScotTrade Center early, probably too early, but that made for a better parking space, and I had plenty of time to check out the display booths, even renewing my fanclub membership, and getting my picture taken with accomplished Brazilian bullrider Valdiron de Oliviera.

All that done, I still had about an hour in my seat before the event began, with the pyrotechnics and the introduction of the cowboys.  Once the prayer was said, and the national anthem sung, it was off to a rough start; a bull went down (which happens rarely) and didn't buck.  The rider was given a re-ride.  There was only one 8-second ride, until Shorty gave a 'pep talk' (or talked smack, however you want to look at it), and then there were three in a row.  There were only ten riders that qualified for the finals, and the bulls prevailed there, too.  Not a single cowboy had an 8-second ride in the finals, including Luke Snyder against Bushwacker.  Bushwacker is the legendary bull, and right now, the rankest bull that the riders want to go against.  Australian Brendon Clark has announced his retirement, so this even will be the last time I see him ride, a little disappointed in that.  I like him as a rider.

The winner of the event: Eduardo Aparecido, that I know nothing about.