Maybe I'm a Mets Fan?

Saint Louis Travel Blog

I had lived 26 years without ever going to a Cardinals game, which is highly unusual for where I live (about an hour and a half east of St. Louis) --  grade schools take field trips there, but it had always managed NOT to be my class.  And, my dad does not follow professional sports, so I didn't grow up watching sports (now, you wanna talk about trucks and antique tractors, I'm your girl).  I had really wanted to go to a Cardinals game in the old Busch Stadium, and didn't make it, so I hadn't exactly made it a priority to go to the new stadium.

Some friends of mine were given (even though I had to pay for mine) tickets to the Cardinals -- Mets game on April 21, 2009.  And, luckily, I was able to go (I'd had the chance once or twice before, but had to work or had another conflict).

It is funny.  I've only been to two pro baseball games, and in both cases, the opposing team has been the Mets... maybe I'm a Mets fan?  (Naw -- just coincidence!)

We arrived during the second inning, which aggravated me a little bit, since it was my first game and all.  Our seats were fairly decent -- right beside the Cardinals bullpen, so we were able to watch the pitchers warm up.  It was a decent game, as far as baseball games go.  The Cards won, 6 - 4.  And, I follow baseball just enough to recognize the names -- Pujols, Molina, Carpenter...  I wasn't exactly prepared for how cold it was.  I always imagined baseball games as a summer activity, but this being April in the Midwest, it was cold and we dressed in layers with blankets.  I really had a good time, even though I didn't become an avid baseball or Cardinal fan.