Houston, You Have a Problem

Phoenix Travel Blog

I DID NOT know the first thing about football; absolutely nothing.  I had tried to watch it, but I couldn't understand it to enjoy the game even in high school.  So, when my friend Kim texted me the night before I came out to Phoenix to visit about going to the Cardinal game, I hesitated, but agreed.  (Turns out, Nadalee was given free tickets through her job, so I enjoyed that even more).  The Arizona Cardinals were hosting the Houston Texans.  The more I thought about it, the more excited I got about going to the game.  #1 -- I realized that the Cardinals had just gone to the Super Bowl last year, and #2 -- Kurt Warner is the quarterback; he had been the quarterback for the Rams a few years back, and I can remember liking him through the positive news stories in the St. Louis area.

Our seats were in the 7th row from the top of the University of Phoenix Stadium.  I am not complaining at all -- we could see the entire game, each play, each touchdown, from start to finish.  The best part, though, was Nadalee explained the game to me, dumbing it down to where I could understand -- and it finally made sense.  I now know what 1st & 10 means!  I totally became a football fan during this game, and have an allegiance to the Arizona Cardinals now.

It was a good game -- the Cardinals won 28 - 21.

Phoenix