Commercial Compensation

Saint Louis Travel Blog

me and my sister

Emily had been given five tickets to the Cardinals game as compensation for doing the commercial for Marion Ford (she had bought a new car in June, and the sales staff thought she had a bubbly personality and would be perfect for television).  She had been originally offered two tickets, but she sweet-talked them into five, thinking the guy I'm somewhat seeing and our mom would go (what did I tell you about bubbly personality; only my sister could do something like that).  However, when it came for us to go to the game, it was her boyfriend's sister and her husband who went with us instead.

We went early enough to eat lunch before the game.  We ended up at Texas Roadhouse in Fairview Heights, which seemed to please everyone else.

the view from our seats
  I just went along with it, I wasn't in the best of moods (drama over the aforementioned guy).  I would have liked to have eaten some place different, not some place we tend to go to, anyway.  I also kind of wanted to check out the Food Network foodstand that was supposed to be at the stadium.

After eating, we went to the Caseyville MetroLink station to ride it across the river to Busch Stadium to avoid fighting the parking issue.  Upon entering the stadium, we were given commemorative beer mugs, for whatever reason.  We walked around to find our seats in section 131, which were right square in the sun, out from the first base outfield.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, I only went because the tickets were free.  I was a little disinterested in the game (much like the meal), and it didn't help when a rainshower rolled through.  I retreated inside, but came back to my seat when it cleared off.  It was only 98 degrees before and after the rain, even though I had gotten chilled during it.  Sitting in the direct sun, though, it felt like 120.  Ugh. And, even though I saw the Food Network food stand, I didn't get anything to eat.

It turned out to be a rather exciting game, in the later innings.  The Cardinals won.  [Which turned out to be the turn-around point on their way to winning the World Series].

Its a scorcher!