Nationals vs. Mets

Washington Travel Blog

This was my first professional sporting event ever.

I was in Washington, DC for job training to be a field representative for the Leadership Institute.  As part of our (there were 76 new recruits) itenerary, they provided tickets to the Nationals/Mets game.  They were the cheap seats, of course, but they gave a bird's eye view of the entire game (but that's being nice -- they were incredibly far away, and I couldn't tell what was going on).  Plus, I didn't know either of the teams to even know who the players were.

I ended up leaving during the 6th or 7th inning with a group of trainees.  We went to the Hawk and Dove and watched the end of the game there (which was surreal since we'd just come from there).  But, I was dis-interested in the game anyway, and it was nice to get to know these people since we'd be spending the next two weeks together before being thrown out in the field on our own.

WalterC says:
I thought about doing a separate blog on all the sporting events I've attended, but that would mean re-editing and losing all the smiles.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
This was the Nationals last season in old RFK Stadium, the new stadium opening in 2008. Unfortunately the Nats weren't very good back then.
Posted on: Nov 08, 2013