Heading out

Detroit Travel Blog

Detroit Delta Sky Club
Bishop Airport in Flint is my home airport. We arrive the recommended 1-1/2 hours before our flight which was so unnecessary. This is a small airport and it's definatly overkill.

Our first flight, Flint to Detroit is delayed. It's okay since we have plenty of time before our next flight. On the outside I'm cool, calm and collected, but on the inside I'm freaking out. I always think that's a bad omen when starting a trip.

We lland in the older part of of DTW but it's still a nice section of the airport. To go to the main terminal there is an amazing tunnel. It's quite long but has the moving sidewalks. What's so cool about it is the light show. There are glass panels on both sides of the tunnel that change color. Sometimes there's a surreal music timed with the lights, sometimes it's just quiet. But it's an awesome light show and one of the most impressive part of any airport I've ever seen. I should of took pictures -  shame on me.

I found a coupon for a free pass into the Delta Sky Club at DTW so Michelle and I get to enjoy the comfy seating, FREE beer, wine & alcohol, some snacks and wi-fi. We settle in until out next flight. So far so good!
Detroit Delta Sky Club
Michelle and first beer of the tri…
Michelle and first beer of the tr…
Are we setting a precident here?
Are we setting a precident here?
photo by: vulindlela