One week and three days before Dalian

Chengdu Travel Blog

I've spent my Spring Festival and Chinese New Year of the Tiger here in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, before flying to my new school location in Dalian. Tis my second visit and stay with Sam's Guest House, and had been the best experience. The young staff, three young women in their early 20s, Terry, Sunny and Sophia, all employed by Angie Wong, owner of Sam's, will welcome with a warm smile and open arms and share their knowledge of speaking English.

Terry and Sophia also gotten involved with their daily routine when off duty, so I gotten to travel throughout Chengdu both by bicycle (coming soon video ... sorry, in China, youtube not accessible) with Terry, starting at 0830 till 1530 in afternoon, then walked locally around town center with Sophia and her classmate. I've never been so busy ... of course, there was Mike from South Africa, we both taught at same school where is he returning after spring festival, we spend 3 days together romping around town and literally getting lost.

Dalian is my new school and location which I certainly look toward and enjoying. Been keeping in touch with my Director and by 24 Feb afternoon, I'm on that plane then landing in Dalian apprx 1600hrs!! What best way start annual New Year and Chinese New Year!

sylviandavid says:
sounds like a good time....
Posted on: Feb 15, 2010
Chengdu Hostels review
Sam's Guesthouse(成都山姆青年客栈) No.130 Xhanxijie Street,Chengdu (Next to Rongcheng Restaurant) Book online or call: 86-4008106868 Chat … read entire review
photo by: spocklogic