Whiskey , Remote controlled Helicopters , Gabe and Steve.

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Kuala Lumpur or just kL for short is a very impressive city. I stayed at the "Paradisio Guesthouse" which where lying in the middle of the Business and entertainment district. The location is good as its right next to the "Bukit Bintang" Monorail station , a short walk to the Petronas Towers and the KLCC park and KL-Tower. There is however LOTS of people offering you a "massage" which really means a short massage and when they are finished they ask you if they should go "boom boom" , or sometimes even ask that in the beginning. There even was a massage parlor just beneath our Guesthouse (Hostel-style) and we entered through the same entrance where they sat for around 12-14hours a day offering people massages wearing full makeup and all.

The first day i arrived really early at around 4AM , left my bags at the hostel and went out exploring the KLCC.
I have to say that the KLCC park is beautiful. You have the KLCC shopping mall and Petronas towers on the one side and a big landscaped park where people can walk around and exersize , small swimming pools for children and a Mosque. It also offers quite a good skyline where you can quite a few high-riises.

After wandering around the KLCC and catching the sunset i went to the Petronas Towers to wait in line for the free tickets. People had warned me about this and that i would waste half a day doing it , but I decided to go afterall. When i got there aroung 7:30 (1 hour before opening) the place was packed. I entered and waited in line.... After a while I met Rawi and Pu which was also going to the F1 later that day and after seeing the morning tickets being ripped away and that we could only get tickets for the afternoon we ditched the Petronas and went to the KL-Tower instead since we then had to choose between the F1 and the Petronas.
The KL-Tower is situated on a hill so when you are at the observation deck you are actually at least twice as high as the Petronas Skybridge and you are probably almost as high as the Petronas themselves! So i would ditch the Petronas unless you know someone who has tickets because its a three hour+ wait and you get a 15minutes timeslot up on the skybridge. The KL-Tower was 38RM , but it included a "F1 Simulator" (Computer game) , Animal Park and a Pony ride for those less than 50kg.

Then I went to Sepang to view the F1-game. Met up with Ravi and Pu including their friends and saw the race from "C2 Hillstand" For 200ringit its a good price because its in a corner and we saw a lot of overtakes in our corner and even a crash.
After the Race we went to the Concert-area , won some lighers at the Marlboro stand and went into the main concert area just in front of the stage. Wycliff Sean and Fatboy slim was on the program and they did an OK job. I dont really like Wycliff because he tries to hard to be liked , especially at the concert mentioning Malaysia probably 40times during his concert. Fatboy slim is just pumping music with a lot of base which works out great. I got drunk , played with my clappers and took of my shirt and waved around with it.. Not one of my prouder moments since almost everyone else was sober since the beer was 15RM a piece which is quite alot.

The next day I met Gabe and Steve and we just partied for three whole days in KL while checking out Chinatown , KLCC , A mosque and the Batu Caves. All of these things are worth doing.
tvillingmarit says:
Hope you are having a great time in KL. Visited last in September and I love the city
Posted on: Apr 17, 2010