Ljubljana - A very charming and small capital.

Ljubljana Travel Blog

We arrived Ljubljana and got a taxi to the Bit-Center Hotel. I had everything typed into my GPS and could literally see that the Taxi-driver ripped us up since the GPS said that we drove 8km even if the driving directions on my GPS said that it was less than 4km to drive to the hostel. All taxi drivers are Wankers!! (Quote from Deats). Well at the Hotel we found out that our "10 bed dorm" was a triple room with one double bed and one single. I headed for the single while Ian and Alex cuddled up in the double bed. We went to the Hotel-Bar to take a few beers while i tried to chat up the bartender with quite good sucsess :)

The next day we headed for Bled which is a small town outside of Ljubljana. Its a very scenic town with a beautiful lake with an island in the middle.

We rented a boat and rowed to the island , bathed a little then to visit the castle high on a cliff above the lake. Well back in Ljubliana after a long day of exploring we got a beer from the Supermarked before we headed out to the Festival "Turnfest". This is a festival which last for entire October with outdoor parties and an indoor dancefloor with crappy DJ's. We got really drunk after a few hours and met a guy who slept at the same hostel and partied with him until closing time. Alex thought he had found a girl willing to go all the way with him , but eventually came home to us at the Hotel where Ian had gotten some secret stuff which we all tried. Good sound night out!

The next day (It seems like im repeating myself) I went on the "Free Ljubljana Tour" , while Alex and Ian was to tired to and the last I saw om them on this trip was at the trainstation when we left our luggage.

The free Ljubliana tour was great and i saw A LOT of ljubljana in a few hours. I then headed to the Funicular , just to turn back and walk around Tivoli park and look at the outdoor art galleries (which where good!) and took a walk in the park before returning to the Funicular to take the ride up and signing up for the 16:00 tour of the Castle. I was the ONLY one at the tour and tried to chat up the girl , this time with a little less sucess than the girl in the bar. SHe showed me some parts of the castle closed to the public and a lot of history about the castle and Ljubljana. I even got a picture of me and her on the top of the lookout tower. She might have been a few years to young for me , but that didnt stop my thoughts to run wild.. hehe

After the tour of the Castle the sky opened up and unleashed a massive shower. I tried to wait it out before i ran to the bus station to catch my nightbus to Sarajevo (45euro.. Expensive!)

I ordered take away pizza.. WHY?? MY GOD OH WHY?? After eating almost only junkfood for the entire trip and especially pizza i almost couldnt manage to eat the pizza when it was quite cold after a few hours on the bus.

Ljubljana Hotels & Accommodations review
This is a very good Hotel/Hostel. We booked three beds in a dorm, but got a triple private with our own spotless bathroom. I THINK all the rooms have … read entire review
photo by: Chokk