Driving around with Nittaya holding on for her life

Krabi Travel Blog

Krabi quickly became a slumber town for me. There wasnt really that much to do and i just relaxed for a few days. OK... right now i wasnt entirely spesific since i did climb the Wat Nam Sua which is a Temple located 1237 steps or some 300meters(?) ove the terrain. Ive read that its 600meters, but NO WAY is this 600meters , its maximum 400meters above and even if you do the math of 400meters/1237 steps says that each step is 32cm (1ft) which is a bit to much as well. I say 300meters!

Ok.. I also did a quite long hike in the Phanom Bencha National Park , some 25km North of Krabi. To get here turn right around 8kilometers after you leave the last traffic light and follow the road for 15kilometers. I rented a scooter with a 2.5L gas-tank and knew that this hardly would last me up the park so i had another 1.5L bottle between my legs which actually lastet the entire trip. But.. Just remember that the gas station in Krabi is the last one youre going to see for a LONG LONG time and according to my GPS there where no gas stations without a 40km radius after that.

Of the more relaxing things we did was the Hot spring on the way to Khlong Ton. This is a no-go because it was really boring and the only thing making it worthwhile was the girl i met at the Wat Nam Sua that kept me company. Of the more worthwhile things that we did that day was the hot waterfall. This was really cool since the water in the waterfall was really hot while the rest of the pond was around 23-25degrees.
photo by: forevert2