Bangkok.. First time around

Bangkok Travel Blog

"Everyone" goes to Thailand and it acts like an starting point to SE Asia , but ive never felt the urge of going to Thailand before now.

So.. here I am , ready to explore the ancient mysteries of Siam and the Thai Hospitality that ive heard so much about. During my first two nights in Bangkok i stayed at the @hua lamphong hostel which proved out to be probably the best hostel ive ever stayed in. It feels much more like a hotel than a hostel and they give you new soaps each day , new towel ,cleans the room and makes your bed.. EVERYDAY! The location is not on Kao San Road, but its 10meters from the Metro and just across the street from the Hua Lamphonh railway station which is where the trains heading north goes from , so its easy to go almost anywhere quite easily.

I arrived at the airport and found out that the Airport Busses do not run after 23:00 and tok a taxi together with a german guy. We shared couple of beers afterwards at a nearby guesthouse.

The only thing i really did in Bangkok on my first visit was to visit the Grand Palace and oh my god is it beautiful with all the golden statues and colourful buildings, but its oh-my-god so touristy ,crowded and quite expensive at 350bath. I really enjoyed it and would say that its worth it :)

I walked around and saw the nearby local markets , took the boat across the river (3bath) and walked around in narrow streets with wendors and was guided mainly by my nose to the good food. After walking a while i found a local KTV bar and was invited in by some thai people and just sat there while the sun was scorching outside.

Back at the hostel i met this really cool british guy which i hope to see again some time. I think i lost his contact details, but he has mine so if its meant to be he will send me a message

The next day i took the train to Kanchanburi.
Bangkok