Attending Sunday Mass in Santo Nino , and some lazing and partying.

Cebu Travel Blog

Cebu turned out to be some really lazy days after some pretty hardcore hasty travelling. I got robbed (again) and filed for a police report to get it covered on my travel insurrance that i have through my employer.

This is what i did:

Tops Lookout. Its a pretty good lookout point with views over Cebu and Mactan Island. I was there around 13:00 and the place was completely deserted, but ive heard more people head up here during sunset. I got here by taking a motorcycle (around P150) there and back. You can also take jeepneys going up there. You can reach the place by taking jeepneys heading for Lahug. Im almost sure its Jeepney number 04H that passes very close to tops. Youll have to walk the last 500meters (very steep), but it will save you quite a bit compared to what i did.

I did two difference museum , one of them featured in lonely planet. I was very disapointed with both of them because after I paid for the admission and got my ticket i was told that there where no guides on Sundays and how fun is it to walk around in a house and look at stuff if you have no clue about the people who lived there or anything else.

Sunday Mass at Santo Nino Church. This was the highlight of my trip to Cebu to attend a mass together with the locals. The entire church was filled with people and i got some really good pictures, which really doesnt matter since the camera was stolen a few hours later.

Fort San Pedro. This was also a slight disapointment. This fortress was built a long time ago and has been used for many purposes , but today its mostly a romantic hideaway for livebirds which you can observe sitting on top of the canons and in almost every corner after dark.
I felt a bit lonely after leaving.

I lived at "Cebu Guesthouse" which is located in Mango Ave 211. If the taxidriver doesnt know how to take you there just say that youll going to the "white church in mango" or just opposite of lighthouse in mango ave. If gogo bars with stripping poles are youre thing there several places (Viking Pub , Eric the Red pub , Pussycats and maybe some more) aroung 400meter down the street.

The guesthouse is REALLY good and provides free wifi (it says P60 a day , but all i spoken to got it for free) and a descent breakfast for P60-P160. The breakfast with best value is the "Full Breakfast" for P90 which contains fried rice , corned beef , 2 eggs , and 3slices of bread which should be a good breakfast everyone (even for me).

The sleepingrooms and bathrooms are clean and tidy. The rates start at P360 for an aircon dorm with comfortable matresses and wifi in dorm.

This is a clear 5stars because of the good location (jeepneys outside takes you anywhere you want to go), superb value and good facilities.
sleepingsunshine says:
'i got robbed again' you made it sounds like a daily routine lol :)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2010