The Croatian Riviera

Croatia Travel Blog

The harbour of Zadar: luxurious yaughts and ferries

After a trip to Morocco with my mum in March 2010, it was my dad's turn in April. Together we booked (another) cheap flight to Zadar, rental car and a nice little hotel for the four days we were going to spend there. We didn't really know what to expect, except for the planned trip to the lakes of Plitvice: ever since I saw pictures of these lakes when I was a young boy, I've been wanting to go there. And now that moment was finally there!

Besides the visit to the wonderfull lakes, where you really can spend a full day walking around and being amazed by the great view every five minutes, we also spend a day in the great old city of Zadar and the even nicer old town of Sibenik. Both cities have a nice ancient centre with the typical Croatian/Dalmatian architecture that clearly shows the Italian influences here. This combined with the blue waters of the Adriatic Sea and the subtropical vegetatian it's really a Mediterranean paradise here.

To see the other side of the country with also spend a full day driving around in the inland of Croatia. There we saw mountains with a thick layer of snow of them, the vast forrests and the results of the Yugoslavian war: houses that were shot or bombed ten years earlier and that are still there the way they were left behind.

A short visit but a great experience in both the Croatian coastline and the inland.

The harbour of Zadar: luxurious ya…
The harbour of Zadar: luxurious y…