Backpacking with my mum

Morocco Travel Blog

For years my mum had been curious about what fascinated me about backpacking. Everytime I left with my big backpack, and everytime I came back with stories about old busses, filthy guesthouses and questionable food she was shocked, disgusted and interested at the same time. That's why I decided to give her something different for X-mas this time: I gave her a trip to Morocco...a backpacking trip!

Together with her I arrived in Fes, and in the days after we visited Meknes in the pooring rain, and travelled through the High Atlas mountains in the freezing cold. But after that we finally made it to the nice heat of the Sahara desert in Er-Rachidia, and we visited the impressive sanddunes of Erg Chebbi the day after. With a nice sun burn and a good dose of Vitamin S (sun) we went back to Fes by nightbus and the last two days in Morocco we spent wandering around the nice town of Sefrou and Bhalil, and around the labyrinth-style medina of Fes: practising my French, bargaining, getting disgusting by the smell of the tanneries, and of course: getting lost...

This being her very first backpacking trip, I'm very proud of my mum! She did it! :)

Vikram says:
Very cool, you went backpacking with your mum!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
simsing says:
Hahaha......this is so cool!
Did she like it? Will she go backpacking again?
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
shadowflower says:
Good boy taking mom to travel :) I'll be going to Italy with my parents soon too.
Posted on: May 19, 2010