A weekend in Paris

France Travel Blog

The Champs Elysées at night, Paris

In January 2008 some friends of mine were crazy enough to come and visit me in Holland, right in the middle of winter. They liked the cold was what they said before coming, but after three days in -5 degrees they clearly didn't like it that much anymore... :) Nevertheless we absolutely made the best of their time in Europe, and one of the things we did was going to Paris for the weekend.

Paris is pretty much my backyard: it's only a 4,5 hours drive from my place and I pretty much visit the city every year. Because it was so cold, and because all of us had been to Paris several times before, we didn't do any typical sightseeing. Instead we made a nice walk around the centre after dark, and had a lot of culinairy highlights: lunch in the area of the Grands Magasins, dinner at the Champs-Elysées, and breakfast the next morning at the Montmartre.

With a full stomach we drove back home to Holland, but before crossing the border, we couldn't help it to have a huge lunch-feast first on French soil. And all accompanied by a good French wine of course... :)

halilee says:
Congrats on your feature blog! :D
Vikram says:
"Paris is pretty much my backyard" - I'd kill for the day I get to say that! Congrats on your blog.
simsing says:
Loved your blog, especially the one with your mum. Keep it up!
Having a great dinner in France