German Bakery blown :(

Pune Travel Blog

I never that and was not even in a mood to turn on my laptop and write something . had a great day today.. met my beautiful friend again. and someone really special called me. again in eve a friend called me and told me that he wanted to meet me.
I was happy the day was going good.:) i finished my office at couple of interviews to take came back home bought couple of bottles of beer and thought it couldn't get better.
i got a call from my sister who stays in pune and was traveling to Mumbai cause of some work.i thought ohh i should talk to her as it has been some time..:)
but the news that she gave me turned my upside down. she told me that there has been some terrorist blasts in pune at The German bakery .
("I don't want to say much but that is my all time fav place.").
I am not sure if many of you have heard the name of "osho". his disciples are there just say 200 yards or feet :(.
I was shocked and stunned by this act of vandalism and terrorism. I have so strong words against them ..i cant express it out here.but i strongly feel against these guys who don't respect others.
I recall from last trip to pune in oct .i went there on my Birthday as i wanted to spend it with my sis.
and i visited this place as it has been my fav. Situated in koregaon park just opposite to the "OSHO Temple".A place in the heart of Lush green parks of pune.A beautifully done place with not many bricks :) the distinctive green bamboo built neat place.A noiseless environment where you can have a fresh glass of juice ,and Munch a great burger.while sitting and chatting with your friends,and you wont feel how time will fly.
The prices in there were pretty ok not expensive and i used to spend a lot of time there with my friends and sister.
now all that was there was the rubbles Dead bodies and panic i was all sad n didn't felt good.
I turned the TV on and started watching the news.they said this terrorist group or that terrorist group is involved.
I was worried and cared for those 10 innocent people have lost their lives and their close ones wont be able to meet them ever again..I wish this fundamentalism and religious terrorism and what ever kind it may be end some day and we all live in peace.
I don't know if they are gonna built the place again or not. but i am gonna miss it and it will always be a special one in my heart.
I am not sure if i should write a blog like this here but i felt like speaking out.
May god bless all of us.and lets just pray for those who lost their lives.
kumikob says:
It is tragic and infuriating. My prayers are with those who suffered.
Posted on: Jun 02, 2010