It snowed! It really really snowed.

Whistler Travel Blog

Ok this is getting harder and harder to remember what happened on these days.  I am writing this almost one year exactly after the Olympics were in Vancouver.  WOW!

I can only remember a couple fo things from this day.  First my boss phoned me, in my condo, to tell me I would not be needed that day unless something went wrong.  Howver since I was forced to stay over 150 km from my home I would get paid to do nothing.  I like getting $200 for doing nothing.  If I could sign up for a contract like this every day I would be a very happy bus driver.

So now I had a full day to kill away from home.  Sometimes when this happens it can be a pain to be away from home and have nothing to do but this was the Olympics so I got ready and went to explore Whistler some more.

The first thing I experienced was the fact it had snowed overnight.

The Vancovuer Winter Olmpics had been a bit unlucky with weather.  Most of the early days were rainy and very cloudy and then it improved to warm sunny days.  The sunny days looked great on the TV has the Olympics were broadcast around the world but for the outdoor sports it was causing some trouble.  As all of Whistler's events were outdoors this warm and sunny weather was creating some schedule issues but today this problem was too much new snow.

My first few photos of this day were just ot prove that it had indeed snowed the previous night.  The running joke was Vancovuer might host the first ever Winter Olympics without it having any snow.  But these photos prove that it does indead snow in the Whistler resort if not in the city of Vancouver.

Whistler