The Best 65 Days of my Life yet
Brazil Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
When you have just come back after enjoying the best 65 days of your life yetā¦.and have had some life changing experiences the problem is more about where to start than about what to write.
There is so much to write that I wonder if I should start with the most amazing things that happened or write about the holiday chronologically like our mind is trained to do from the time we started going to school.
Either way the truth must be toldā¦so I suppose its best to jot down thoughts as they come to mind. In a way I am glad I did not maintain a diary during my holidays as that would have invariably forced me to do a chronological blog. I seem to dislike anything chronological or even logical.J My memories will be kindled by the scores of pictures I took everyday
My first reaction upon arriving back at
An ex-boss recently offered to bid for a 1930 Mahatma Gandhi book for me and since it came at a time when I was in the process of indulging in all kinds of activities for the first time in my life I accepted the offer. He just wrote to me this morning asking for my address in order to mail the book for me. He also asked me to list the highlights of my trip and thatās where I propose to start this blog, listing the highlights of my trip.
The Top 3 being:
1) I have learnt that travelers (as opposed to tourists) rise beyond race, religion, color and nationality. They all belong to the nation I would call Travelopia and its citizens-Travelopians. They are always there to help each other out with tips and tricks and are always glad to see each other. They share happy times and experiences with amazing ease and zest despite knowing that they may never see each other again.
2) I have experienced enough to claim that if you take the best things from each continent and put them all into one continent it would be called
3) I never imagined I would get so close to nature and appreciate all its glory and power. The rain forests, the ocean and the wind were just elements of nature, now I want these to be reflected in my nature (donāt ask me what this meansā¦I guess Iām just blabberingJ).
There were many more memorable moments and since I am an emotional/sentimental guy I would categorize some of them under emotions they evoked.
1) The joy of ending a holiday with the happiest moment cannot be described in words.
Luciana, Silviaās 4 year old daughter is very demanding and not easy to make friends with. I was already aware that itās easier to open a Halliburton case without keys than break ice with Luciana. Having prided myself at being good with kids this seemed like an extreme sportā¦a real challenge. I met her for about a week and I thought I did pretty well although in my heart I knew I had not connected with her fully.
The last day when we were saying good byeās Luciana sprang a surprise as she jumped out of her child seat at the back of the car and was all over me wanting to kiss and hug me. This without doubt was the happiest moment of my holiday. When a child accepts you into its world and connects with youā¦. its pure bliss!
2) Meeting friends who I had known only through the net was exciting and each one of them I met made the moment so very special. In my coming blogs I will write more about the magical moments I shared with all my new friends.
3) A complete stranger, an old man, on the streets of
Above all, every time you see me smile in my pix you can safely assume that to be a happy moment!
1) The most amusing moment has to be the one when I saw myself without a moustache. Yes, ladies and gentlemen after all these years Iāve finally bid goodbye to it!!
2) Most verbal communications with Suzana in
1) The hurt and pain in the eyes of my Inca descendant guide in
2) When I learnt that a dear friend back home had broken up with her boyfriend.
3) When I heard about the excessive rains and consequent damage to life and property caused by flooding in
4) The saddest moment though will surely be the one when I realized that religion is more powerful than love.
Seeing for the first-time a lesbian couple sitting in front of me in Ibirapuera park,
1) Walking eagerly towards a big board in
[This blog is also open to under 18s so I shall skip this one!]
When my credit card and debit card both refused to work and I had no cash to check into the hotel in
Well, thatās it for this postā¦.I am sure there many more special moments will come to mind as I continue this holiday blog.
In my future posts I will be uploading some random pics which might tell you why I call this the best 65 days of my life yet.