The Planning Stage

Seattle Travel Blog

The trip is becoming a reality. Reservations have been made and flights have been booked. I leave for Cape Canaveral on May 1st and will be meeting up with my aunt, who is flying in from Indianapolis. I haven't seen her in around 25 years and I'm so excited! She's only 9 years older than I am and she lived with my family for several years when I was a kid...so, she's probably the aunt I like most.

I looked through all the available excursions and have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 per port of call...waiting to hear back from aunt Karyn on which ones interest her. She's an old hand at cruising, having done so many, many times with her deceased husband. This will be her first cruise without him. We're both really excited!

I might get a chance to do one of the things on my "things to do before I die" list...that is, swimming with dolphins. It's one of the top excursions I want to do. Others include snorkeling with sting rays and sea turtles, sea kayaking, possibly jet ski, and being lazy on the beach.

We leave Cape Canaveral on May 2nd and head to Labadee, Haiti, getting there on May 4th. Next, we'll head to Jamaica, followed by Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Did I mention that this is my first trip to the Caribbean? And you know what? I don't give a fig what people think of me when I put on my bathing suit and hit the beach! I know I'll look like a beached whale, but I don't care....swimming will actually be very good for me with my severely arthritic knees...I plan to really have lots of fun!

Slideshow
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on the feature, well done.
Liselore_Verschuren says:
Congrats on your feature! :)
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Hey, congrats on your featured blog!
Seattle