Central America by bus: part 2

El Salvador Travel Blog

Crossing the border to El Salvador

The second country on my trip trough the region was El Salvador. I didn't have any specific things I wanted to see here, but I simply wanted to go here because I just can't think of a country that has a more beautiful name than El Salvador. And since I was so close I got on the bus in Guatemala City and a few hours later I was crossing the river and entered this smallest country in Central America.

I only stayed one night here, in the second city of the country, Santa Ana. After a nice visit to the city I left the country again the next day, after a great ride through the west of the country. Through a great landscape, Honduras was my next stop.

The biggest difference I noticed between Guatemala and El Salvador was the way the people acted and looked. In Guatemala the people are quite shy and even the salesmen are not load at all. And in Guatemala the people look decent, but not typically "hip". In El Salvador, the upper button of the blouses of the men suddenly is opened, the belly button of the women is suddenly visible, the people have gel in their hair and the people are loud! Everywhere you hear music, preaching and shouting.